The restoration of the farm and the recovery of an abandoned olive grove were the first step on the path towards environmental sustainability and respect for the territory that we still walk in Uma Casanatura.
We apply organic cultivation on all crops:
- 4 hectares of olive grove, existing and recovered characterized by mainly autochthonous varieties such as Carboncella, Castiglionese, Dritta, Frantoio, Leccino, Pendolino, Tortiglione.
- 9 hectares of vineyards from which we produce excellent Abruzzo wines such as Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, Pecorino, Cerasuolo and Montonico.
- 3 hectares of oak, holm oak, hazel and black hornbeam truffle.
- Different horticultural crops, where the main one is the tomato “Pera d’Abruzzo”
- Black cherry and quince orchard.
All crops are near a lake belonging to the estate and used to feed them through an advanced irrigation system protected from external contamination thanks to the 15 hectares of pastures and woods on the estate.
We enhance the harmonic diversity of the territory by combining innovative techniques with respect for tradition to preserve and respect the organoleptic characteristics of the raw materials.
Evo Oil, Wine and Liqueurs
The great classics by Uma Casanatura are:
- Wine: Abruzzo D.O.C. Pecorino, Cerasuolo d’Abruzzo D.O.C., Montepulciano d’Abruzzo D.O.C.
- Extra virgin olive oils in the 4 versions: Mocultivar Dritta, Monocultivar Tortiglione, Blend Uma and D.O.P. Pretuziano of the Teramane Hills.
- Liqueur based on Amarene Ratafià.
- Cotognata from quinces.
Valuing the fruits of the earth, in their genuine simplicity, is what we do at Uma Casanatura.
European organic certification
The European organic certification confirms that our products contain at least 95% of the organic ingredients and that the remaining 5% comply with strict conditions. For us, however, it is not just a label.
It is the recognition of carrying out our work with respect for the environment and for all those who rely on us and our products. It is the confirmation that we keep our promise towards the territory that surrounds us and that repays us with raw materials of excellent quality. It is the pride of being able to show that sustainability truly represents a valid way for the future of agriculture, to bring good, healthy and genuine products to the table cultivated with respect and passion.
Abruzzo Made in Nature, Made in Italy
What our region offers is precious and must be valued at its best: food and wine, sea, mountains, culture, art attract thousands of tourists every year and make our people and all Italians proud. We do our part by offering high quality food and wine products through sustainable agriculture.
Organic certification is not just a label.